Already Registered: Sign-in here
Need to Register: Sign up here.
The Content Strategy and Design Accelerator is an intensive interactive training course that walks students through the basic principles of graphic design and building a content strategy, and then provides interactive support as students create a portfolio of graphic design in Canva, a free design program for those with limited experience.
The course consists of three lessons:
- Lesson 1: Design Principles. Learn the basic principles of graphic design and how to put them all together to make a great final product.
- Lesson 2: Content Concepts. How to create successful content that resonates with your audience and drives them to action.
- Lesson 3: Content Creation in Canva. Learn to use the graphic design tool Canva and produce your new design pieces.
Who Should Take This Course
This course is designed for organizations with the following core competencies:
- Presence on one or more social media platforms with evidence of consistent posting and community engagement
- Has previously run or are currently running a digital campaign
- Has completed Fundamentals of Digital Advocacy Training or demonstrated similar aptitude.
When Is the Course Offered
This course is offered from November 2018-January 2019.
The first two lessons of this course will be available in powerpoint deck form, with accompanying assignments. Then we will provide the resources detailed above to help familiarize you with Canva, and support you as you create your pieces. You will be expected to be creating new graphics on a weekly basis during phase 2.
What You Need to Be Successful in This Course
|At least one staff member who will spend roughly 100% of their time on digital advocacy work as an overall digital strategist managing a program.|
|3-5 hours a week for 10+ weeks|
|Commitment from your organization’s offline campaign team and communications staff to integrate digital campaign work.|
What You Will Accomplish
At the end of this course not only will you have a stronger knowledge of design and content strategy and access to the tools you need, but you’ll also have a portfolio of pieces ready to be used in your campaign.